Sriram Narasimhan’s research team is shaking things up in the Civil Engineering Structures Lab at the University of Waterloo. The research, which is led by Ph.D Candidate Kevin Goorts, is developing a new mobile damping system for suppressing unwanted vibrations in lightweight, flexible bridges. Whereas damping systems are often permanent fixtures built into the bridge, their system is designed to be adaptable, autonomous, and better suited for rapid, temporary deployment.
- AI Helps Robots Navigate in Hazardous Indoor Spaces
- University of Texas “Opens Doors” to Safer Nuclear Waste Retrieval
- Visual Teach and Repeat: A Closer Look (PART 2)
- Sawyer Enjoys Increased Freedom of Mobility Through Clearpath and Rethink Robotics Partnership
- Visual Teach and Repeat: A Closer Look (PART 1)