Tailings ponds are unique environments with specific safety requirements. In addition to the safety concerns, the complex chemical composition of tailings makes taking accurate bathymetric readings quite difficult. PotashCorp, the world’s largest fertiliser producer, approached engineering consulting firm AMEC to map a PotashCorp tailing pond in Atlantic Canada. Initial estimates for the collection of sufficient data to complete a high-resolution bathymetric model required at least three geo-technicians onsite for a combined 300 hours and a sizable budget.
- University of Texas “Opens Doors” to Safer Nuclear Waste Retrieval
- Visual Teach and Repeat: A Closer Look (PART 2)
- Sawyer Enjoys Increased Freedom of Mobility Through Clearpath and Rethink Robotics Partnership
- Visual Teach and Repeat: A Closer Look (PART 1)
- Clearpath Releases New ROS Driver for FLIR Vision Cameras